Thursday, December 31, 2015

Greater Racket-tailed Drongo



Greater Racket-tailed Drongo
Held in the family Drongo (Dicruridae).
A bird native of Thailand
Larger size and thicker than the lesser racket-tailed drongo. There is a cluster forehead crest Black body hair and blue little glimpse. Shallow forked tails
Sound: vocals and melodies often have many other birds on the election.
Greater racket-tailed drongo When an adult is long from tip to tip, mouth and tail about 62 cm more than half the length of the tail. A black coat over a shiny blue glimpse into the upper torso. The color of the lower torso as black as Glimpse. With short hair comb based massively short forehead, mouth to mouth on the top bend down. Slightly hooked When reaching the age of one year will feature a pair outermost tail feathers on both sides are long and extended. The ends of the hair to grow out to torsion. Males and females have similar characteristics. Can imitate the sounds of birds and animal species.
Habitat: evergreen forest orchard.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite bird here! Today one flew like a torpedo onto my porch and crashed into the window. I ran outside to see if it was okay. It was stunned. It allowed me to pick it up and I held it, stroked its head and sang to it while it calmed down. It looked at me and began to relax but I felt it ready to fly. I was sitting on my couch with it and then I opened my hands and it flew out the door. I had tears in my eyes. It surely felt like a blessing. What a special and beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete